Wednesday, November 19, 2014

What does Santa get special needs babies for Christmas?? Hmm.. Good question!

As I am wrapping up my Christmas shopping for Dominic, I have yet to begin my list for Jacob. It is not that I have neglected to think of Jacob when it comes to presents, I just have not been able to figure out really what to get him. When I am out at the stores I find myself constantly searching for light and sound toys that would be easy for Jacob to activate by just accidentally knocking his hand on it. Most of the toys have specific buttons babies have to push for them to play music and flash lights. I need something simpler. I have only come across two toys that would work. One is the Munchkin Mozart Music Cube and the other is a little lighted rattle. Beyond that, I am stumped! I find myself again saddened and frustrated when I am at the stores in the toy aisle. They are all developmental toys to engage babies in learning how to grab, crawl, walk, interact, etc. It is not that I don't want to encourage Jacob in all of these milestones, but the reality is that he most likely never will fall in to these developmental categories. To be blunt, it just sucks. So what will Santa bring Jacob for Christmas?? Stay tuned as I try to figure it out...

1 comment:

  1. Jacob may not be able to use toys on his own right at this point in his life but with therapy and love and teaching from his family he may be able to in the future. Think of things that will bring out that beautiful gummy smile, or something that Dominic would like helping his little brother learn.
    Keep up your good work.
    Love you and always sending you my love, strength and prayers.

    ReplyDelete